Greetings, Neighbors! Although it will be different this year, Bentana Woods West would like to offer a safe way for our neighborhood to enjoy Halloween with a night of costumes and trick-or-treating on Saturday, October 31, starting at 5:30 pm!
If your household would like to participate, please leave your front lights on. We recommend you leave your treats outside, spread on a blanket or table (not in a bowl) near the sidewalk in front of your home. This will help to prevent groups clustering around doorways.
Whether you’ll be handing out candy or trick-or-treating, please read the recommendations below.
Trick-or-treaters, definitely DO:
- Trick-or-treat with an adult who can help reinforce safety precautions
- Wear a costume!
- Wear a mask (designed to prevent the spread of germs, not just a costume mask)!
- Walk safely in the neighborhood by carrying flashlights and staying on sidewalks
- Touch only the treats you are taking
- Bring along hand sanitizer
- Wash your hands when you return home
- Leave out bowls of candy (where lots of small hands will reach in)
- Trick-or-treat in large groups
Thank you for making a few small changes this year to keep one another safe and healthy! We’re excited to see all of your great costumes and creative treat-dispensing! As we do every year, we also remind everyone to please drive slowly and carefully on Halloween, as there will be families out trick-or-treating.
Bentana Woods West HOA Board