Do you have an interest in running for the Board of Directors?
The Bentana Woods West Cluster Association Board of Directors elections will be held during the annual meeting on the last Sunday in April. There are three (3) Board seats that are up for election this year.
Bentana Woods West Cluster Association, a corporation under Virginia law, is your association. The Cluster Association is governed by a Board of Directors, composed of seven volunteer residents, who are elected to two-year terms by Cluster residents. This group of volunteers performs the following duties:
- Handle Cluster business
- Adopt and enforce rules as necessary
- Enforce Reston Association covenants
- Keep the common areas cared for (including green areas, landscaping, sidewalks, parking areas, street lights, and streets)
- Promote and organize community activities
Here are some common questions asked before each election:
- What qualifications do I need to have? Live in the cluster either as an owner or a renter.
- How much time is involved? One meeting a month… and some emails.
- Sounds great! How do I apply? Write a short election statement (bio) and email it to the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an interest or any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Board.